Holiday Market Opens November 9th in Support of Community Programs and Grants
Augusta, Georgia – For Immediate Release – Today, Junior League of Augusta, Georgia, Inc. announced that its Eighth Annual Holiday Market will take place Friday, November 9th through Sunday, November 11th. The CSRA’s only 3-day, premier shopping event will transform the Columbia County Exhibition Center into a festive holiday marketplace, where more than 3,000 patrons from across the CSRA are expected to jump-start their holiday season.
At Holiday Market, shoppers can find something for everyone on their gift list from boutique-style merchants that offer gourmet food products, household goods, children’s toys, clothing, jewelry, décor and more. Additionally, the community is invited to get into the holiday spirit by participating in the many planned special activities:
- Photos with Santa: Bring your little ones for photos with Santa in his workshop and leave with professional, digital images to treasure for years to come.
- Community Stage: Throughout the Holiday Market, enjoy a variety of performances from local organizations including the Augusta Christian Choir, The Augusta Players, and Augusta University.
- Special Events: This year’s special events include ornament decorating with AR Workshop, visits from Belle and Cinderella, and an activity presented by Junior League of Augusta’s Kids in the Kitchen committee.
On Friday, November 9 from 5pm-7pm, Holiday Market will host happy hour shopping and heavy hors-d’oeuvres provided by Carolina Ale House. There will also be wine and beer tastings, and no additional ticket is required for this event.
On Saturday, November 10 at 12:30 pm, the Junior League of Augusta will present nearly $21,000 to local organizations on the Community Stage. Check presentations will include:
- Child Enrichment, Inc
- Communities in Schools Augusta Richmond County, Inc
- 2018 Community Enabling Grants recipients
- 2018 Arts Endowment Grants recipients
Every Holiday Market ticket purchased promotes the Junior League of Augusta, Georgia’s mission to support the community by improving the lives of women and children. A portion of this year’s proceeds will be donated to Communities in Schools Augusta Richmond County, Inc, a local nonprofit that works to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
“For 90 years, the Junior League of Augusta has delivered many wonderful programs, led key initiatives and improved the lives of women and children in the Augusta community,” said Junior League of Augusta President Dagni Frederick. “Proceeds from the tickets sold at Holiday Market
allow our organization and volunteers to continue our efforts in making a measurable impact in the CSRA through community programming and grant funding to local organizations and educators to help combat generational poverty. The success of this event would not be possible without the volunteers, vendors, sponsors and especially the patrons who join us each year for this special shopping event.”
- General Admission: $10 (Children 12 and under free)
- PreSale Tickets: $8 available online only from October 1st-November 5th
- Photos with Santa: $40, includes admission and photos for children and two adults, as well as a USB drive with digital images
Active and retired military members, educators, and first responders with proper ID, and patrons who donate school supplies to Communities in Schools will receive a $2 discount on general admission tickets at the door. Tickets are available for purchase online through November 5 and at the door.
Holiday Market Hours:
- Friday, November 9: 12pm- 7pm General Admission; 3pm-6:30pm Photos with Santa
- Saturday, November 10: 9am- 5pm General Admission, 9am-4:30pm Photos with Santa
- Sunday, November 11: 11am- 4pm General Admission, 11am-2:30pm Photos with Santa