Holiday Market Opens November 10th in Support of Community Programs and Grants
Augusta, Georgia – For Immediate Release – Today, Junior League of Augusta, Georgia, Inc. announced that its Seventh Annual Holiday Market will take place Friday, November 10th through Sunday, November 12th, featuring the return of Ladies’ Night Out on Friday evening. The 3-day, premier shopping event will transform the Columbia County Exhibition Center into a festive holiday marketplace, where more than 3,000 patrons from across the CSRA are expected to jump start their holiday season.
At Holiday Market, shoppers can find something for everyone on their gift list from boutique-style merchants that offer gourmet food products, household goods, children’s toys, clothing, jewelry, décor and more. Additionally, the community is invited to get into the holiday spirit by participating in the many planned special activities:
- Ladies’ Night Out: On Friday from 7- 10pm, enjoy this ladies-only event, featuring local artists, a Lululemon Athletica Pop-Up Shop, a Belk fashion show and delicious food catered by Silver Palm.
- Photos with Santa: Bring your little ones for photos with Santa in his workshop and leave with professional, digital images to treasure for years to come.
- Community Stage: Throughout Holiday Market, enjoy a variety of performances from local organizations and their talented members.
- Special Events: Participate in classes and demonstrations all weekend including holiday bow making, story time with Mrs. Claus and painting parties.
On Sunday, November 12 at 12:30pm, the Junior League of Augusta will also present checks to recipients of its 2017 Community Enabling Grants on the Community Stage. The League will award a combined $5,250 to The Salvation Army of Augusta for a program focused on building early literacy skills and family engagement; Augusta Warrior Project for its Emergency Prevention and Support project; and Kids Restart to support programming aimed at supporting families and deterring substance abuse.
Every Holiday Market ticket purchased promotes the Junior League of Augusta, Georgia’s Mission to support the community by improving the lives of women and children. Additionally, a portion of this year’s proceeds will be donated to Columbia County Community Connections, a local nonprofit that works to make children safe, healthy, educated and part of a stable, self-sufficient family in a thriving community.
“The Junior League of Augusta has planned a fun-filled and festive weekend for families in the CSRA,” said Junior League of Augusta President Allyn Dyer. “The signature event is about much more than perfect bows and holiday gifts. Holiday Market provides financial resources for the League’s many community programs and grants that help to address women and children’s issues in our community. We look forward to another successful year in achieving this endeavor with our patrons’ support.”
- Single Day General Admission: $10 (Children 12 and under free)
- Ladies’ Night Out: $35, includes re-entry for one day of general admission
- Photos with Santa: $35, includes admission and photos for children and two adults, as well as a USB drive with digital images
Active and retired military members with proper ID and patrons who make a monetary or new children’s book donation will receive a $2 discount. Tickets are available online and at the door.
Holiday Market Hours:
- Friday, November 10: 11am, Ribbon Cutting Ceremony; 11am- 5pm, General Admission; 7- 10pm, Ladies’ Night Out
- Saturday, November 11: 10am- 6pm, General Admission
- Sunday, November 12: 11am- 4pm, General Admission
About the Junior League of Augusta, Georgia, Inc.
Founded in 1925, the Junior League of Augusta, Georgia is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. The Junior League of Augusta is a member of the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI), which is comprised of more than 150,000 women in 292 Junior Leagues throughout Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom and the United States.