WHAT WE ARE DOING
As you know, the safety of our members, guests, staff, and the agencies we serve are always top of mind, and, as such, the following changes are effective immediately:
- At this time all Service Learning Days (DIAD), Foundations classes and training events have been cancelled until further notice. Please do not worry about your member obligations. All will receive the appropriate credit needed.
- In an effort to practice social distancing, leadership is asking that members not gather or use the office until further notice. Please make use of Google Meets or Zoom for any committee meetings. There is excellent information and training available through AJLI. You can access this through your member portal.
- Our Office Manager, Amber, will be working remotely. Please email her should you need something.
- Placement Day will be taking place virtually April 20. Please check your email for details.
- Leadership will be providing further guidance regarding May Dinner once all the details are confirmed.
- We encourage you take advantage of the webinar trainings available through AJLI on Webinar Wednesdays.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Governor Kemp’s Statewide Executive Order
- Shelter In Place FAQ Sheet from Governor Kemp
- Augusta – Richmond County
- Columbia County
- Augusta University – COVID-19
- Map: Tracking The Spread Of The Coronavirus In The U.S.
Donation Opportunity – During this time of crisis many in our community need our help. Please consider supporting our community by donating to:
- Ronald McDonald House
- Medical College of Georgia Class of 2021 has organized a fundraiser to make care packages for hospital employees and provide face masks – Donate Here
- Augusta Rescue Mission
- United Way Aiken County
- United Way CSRA
- Golden Harvest Food Bank
Encouragement Opportunity – We encourage you and your family to protect yourself by practicing safe social distancing. We also know that others need encouragement during this time as well, consider the options below for helping encourage your neighbors:
- The Augusta-area community is being encouraged to share messages and use the hashtag #OurAUHeroes on all forms of social media to spread the love and say thank you to the people working hard during the COVID-19 outbreak. Visit the article here.
- Golden Harvest Food Bank – Write A Note To A Family in Need: Golden Harvest is collecting notes of encouragement for families who are struggling during the COIVD-19 crisis. The notes will be included in boxes of emergency food that are distributed across our service area. This is a simple but meaningful way for our community to stay connected and encourage one another during this difficult time. To participate, simply write a handwritten response to one of the prompts provided by Golden Harvest