Thank you for your interest in participating in our 2017 Holiday Market Gingerbread Jubilee! Many years ago, the Junior League of Augusta hosted the Festival of Trees, a holiday tradition in the CSRA. The Festival of Trees was celebrated, in part, with beautiful gingerbread houses that depicted local historic buildings. We’re excited to bring back some of the holiday magic from that event to this year’s Holiday Market.
The Junior League of Augusta’s Holiday Market is the premier boutique holiday shopping weekend for the CSRA. More than 3,000 patrons and over 30 vendors support the event each year. The 7th annual Holiday Market takes place at the Columbia County Exhibition Center from November 10-12, 2017 and is expected to attract even more shoppers with its new location.
Funds raised through the Gingerbread Jubilee, vendor fees, and ticket sales support our grants and community projects. Our focus is on disrupting the cycle of generational poverty for women and children in the CSRA. Additionally, a portion of this year’s proceeds will be donated to Columbia County Community Connections, a local nonprofit that works to make children safe, healthy, educated and part of a stable, self-sufficient family in a thriving community.
The registration form can be found on the Junior League of Augusta’s website. November 1st is the registration deadline to enter the Jubilee. The entry fee is due at time of registration. It may be paid by credit card, check or money order. Checks should be made payable to The Junior League of Augusta, Georgia; cash payments will not be accepted.
Voting will take place during Ladies Night Out on Friday, November 10 from 7-10pm. The winner will be crowned at 9:30 Friday night and notified Saturday by 12pm. All entries will be kept on display for the entirety of the Holiday Market.
- Any structure – real or imaginary – is eligible for entry.
- Entry must be original – no gingerbread kits allowed.
- Entry must have all MAJOR components, such as walls and roofs. They must be constructed of gingerbread (no graham crackers, cookies, etc.).
- Gingerbread houses must be 100% edible (except baseboards and candy wrappers).
- The structure must be the dominate feature of the entry. The structure must be no smaller than 7″ in height and 8″ in width.
- All entries must be on a wooden or heavy cardboard base, which can be no larger than 24” x 24”. No decorations, icing or other materials may be on the sides of the base.
- Please give your house a special “Holiday Name” such as Winter Wonderland, A Star Wars Christmas or Santa’s workshop, etc. The Junior League of Augusta will display your name and/or the name of your business and the name of your house beside your entry.
- All entries must be delivered to the Columbia County Exhibition Center in completed form on Thursday, November 9 between 3 and 5pm OR Friday, November 10 between 5 and 6pm.
- The entries will be displayed from Friday, November 10 to Sunday, November 12, 2017.
- An entry may not be picked up before 4pm on Sunday, November 12, 2017. Entries not picked up by 6pm on Sunday, November 12 will be discarded.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org